Show TranslateCode
Join the community | Login

Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Poll Question: How detailed should a member profile be to respond to a request?
Poll Choice Poll Statistics
[15,79%]
[26,32%]
[57,89%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Bookmark and Share free accommodations Share  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
20fabienne08 View Drop Down

Quote 20fabienne08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2009 at 10:24am

@ oulissfan! your enthusiasm is really great, do not give up! probably in big cities like new york, buenos aires, london etc. there are more accommodation requests going on than in marocco, but this is just a question of time and patience... the day will come and you will have the chance to be a good hosts %3cmile !!!

spooki20 View Drop Down

Quote spooki20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2009 at 1:07pm
i need a house in new york and i have wrote at least 15 people and nobody answerme..i offered a house in madrid center closer to many public transports,i dont know if this works or people only write to be hostaged not to hostage...
DjTravel View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote DjTravel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2009 at 2:11pm
Hi Spooki,

if you are looking for a real "house" .. this will be hard to find - maybe this is the false community for "house sharing". That nobody gave an answer to you - is bad! We already delete inactive members on a regulary base. But be sure - we will go forward by developing stronger filters for the deletion process.

Second - For sure it depends on how do you write your request. Be sure that you write this way you yourself will get a request. Maybe a photo of yourself as the "avatar" will help further. Further more you have a photo album with only one photo. Which of the person is you? ,o) And yes - Party is ok .. but remember - you request somebody else to let you stay at his/her home ... %3cink Last but not least we do not have THAT many member in New York yet. But right - if we have 15 members - you have to get at least 7".5" answers.

We will not end up in an inactive mass of user accounts (like others). Thats why we are working hard on optimizing the systems. So we get each day personal feedback of people who had already really fun and success with belodged.com . But yes - there still some things to optimize.

Wish you good luck! and FUN!
yours belodged.com team
CASTAWAY View Drop Down

Quote CASTAWAY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2010 at 9:29pm

Hello, Community,

Please, remember I'm saying this in a friendly tone... %3cink

I would like a community of people who care about the others, Guests,  Hosts and those we would meet on our travels.

People who TRULY CARE about the others want to get to know them and get KNOWN by them.  This is a good beginning for a Relationship of any kind.

To me, there is nothing wrong in being concerned about getting Free lodgment, but I would prefer those who, ALSO, care about their Hosts.

Sometimes (on CS) I received a request from someone with an almost empty profile, or/and with no references at all... however, their request message was written in a way that showed that the negligence was due to a reason other than lack of care, like some emergency, lack of time... then I gladly took the risk, and have not had yet a disappointment. %3cmile

Should then the administrators impede users with poorly filled profiles from requesting lodgment?  The answer might have to do with strategy.  This is a new community, needs to grow in number and quality of members... some people need to learn and grow with the TRIAL and ERROR method.  let them learn.  nevertheless, it would be good to remind them as frequently and even annoyingly  %3cink as possible to improve their profiles, so maybe after some bad or not so pleasant experiences they will find out Which is the cause of their misadventures! %3congue

Later, when the success of this community is expressed in number and quality, then the time to focus on QUALITY would have come, so profiles would be expected to show certain level since their very beginning.

About the time of inactivity tolerated before deleting a profile... I spent once 9 months biking through little villages in the Jungle, with almost no Internet on my way, time passed without noticing... I even forgot to write to my mother for long periods... but at least I warned her about this IN ADVANCE.  So, maybe if members were given the chance to tell the administrators about this expected inactivity, and so get their profiles preserved, it would be fair, as they showed this way they care about the community.

Is the term INACTIVITY defined for this purpose?  it must mean not opening at least their profiles, I guess, as it would not  be our fault if nobody comes to our place or we can not travel for a while, right? 

I hope this first, tiny attempt of contributing of mine gets to be somehow useful.  Thanks

u.

lautracks View Drop Down

Quote lautracks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2010 at 11:16am
It's kind difficult to find someone who wants to answer at a discussion
It's a pity...%3cisapprove
CASTAWAY View Drop Down

Quote CASTAWAY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2010 at 4:28pm
I had this problem to answer to this post of yours:
I received a notification about a post having been written.
I clicked on the link
I was not sent DIRECTLY to the post (this one I am answering to)
after a while fooling around I found logged out, tired and bored....
but then I reconsidered and tried again...
again fooled around and found this!

I am not new in this kind of activities,
have a good level in English,
I'm not SO STUPID...

SO i THINK BELODGED HAS TO IMPROVE THE DESIGN OR WILL HAVE PEOPLE GOING AWAY, BORED OF GETTING LOST.

please, BELODGED TEAM?
good luck!
u

franky View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote franky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2010 at 6:09pm
Hey Castaway!

Thank you very much for your important note!
You are right and it is really kind of annoying if something like this happens. We really rely on to realize the improvements mentioned by you to make our loyal belodged.com users and members benefit from this.

We will take care of this error/problem as soon as possible, promised!
It is in our interest, too %3cink

Best, yours
belodged.com team

Karpov View Drop Down

Quote Karpov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2010 at 6:44pm
hello! hm... It is interesting.
if you want an accomodatoons, you are must wright about yourself.
(excuse my poor English please)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12