Show TranslateCode
Join the community | Login

Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Poll Question: How detailed should a member profile be to respond to a request?
Poll Choice Poll Statistics
[15,79%]
[26,32%]
[57,89%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Bookmark and Share free accommodations Share  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Community Ambassador View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Community Ambassador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Too many empty profiles?
    Posted: 24 Sep 2009 at 5:38pm
Everybody knows the situation. You get an accommodation request. You take a look at the senders profile and its meaningless!

As a result: Should we disable the contact options for users with very little profile information? Or should we not? Take part on the voting above. Your input and feedback is welcome!

Edited by DjTravel - 25 Sep 2009 at 7:27pm
princcess View Drop Down

Quote princcess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2009 at 5:14pm
no problem with that
princcess View Drop Down

Quote princcess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2009 at 5:14pm
ma profile is not all that fool

mikky mouth View Drop Down

Quote mikky mouth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2009 at 9:50pm
no, do not disable it, give everyone a chance, rather write back to someone and give some helpful tips to improve their chances

Irie
Mikky
CicloturismoPeru View Drop Down

Quote CicloturismoPeru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2009 at 10:37pm

The topic implies many other things not said yet.

1. In the register process to join this community it must be obligatory to fulfill personal profile info.  This info is useful for both parties: for the one asking for free lodging and for the one offering free hosting.  Both need to know who are they going to deal with.e To put someone unknown inside your home would be very unsafe, as it is going to enter an unknown place.  it is almost like leaving your front door open to anyone passing by with no name, no personal references, no nothing...
think about it...

regards

anibal

Community Ambassador View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Community Ambassador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2009 at 12:07pm
Princess, mikky, anibal thank you for your feedback! %3clap

@Princess: Yep. But's ok ,o). But sometimes i read only "a bed" and "a dog". Would it be interesting to know on a first view more about the person? Like "Why is this user member of belodged.com" or "Something about myself"? Other ideas?

@Mikky: From your point of view: What would be that tips?

@Anibal:
Right! For sure "free accommodations" are still (and will be) an adventure. So take care everybody. The technical guys added some months ago a new page "Safety" with some helpful tips for a secure travelling. You find this page in the right navigation bar unter "Travel tools".

Looking forward to get even more votes and feedbacks ;o)
Looking forward to meet you on facebook
THE BEST HOST View Drop Down

Quote THE BEST HOST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2009 at 11:39pm
Dear volunter and Ambassadors of Belodged.
am a new member on that great website and i wish to be a good member.
I realize from the first look in my country Morocco that a lot of people does't have any picutres , Empty profiles and some people just open profile and they forget it.
i think we should add to the terms of use "" That people who doesn't open they profile's in 6 month they profile hes been deleted automaticly "".
Peace
Safouane
volleyball View Drop Down

Quote volleyball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2009 at 11:23am
As far as i know they delete inactive members on a regulary basis already. But are "6 months" for a traveller enough? I know some friends beeing on travel - for more than 6 months. Maybe they do not want to be deleted?

Mhmmm .. what will be the right thing/time?
oulissfan View Drop Down

Quote oulissfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2009 at 7:13pm
hello everybody

this is a good step ahead for the best of the community, i was a member of this great community but since then i had never gotten a request and i don't know why!!!! i can even update my profile to be more detailed for the visitors!!! i wish this will be more simple and normal about the place to stay, and other accomendatiuons.

i love hospitality communities and belodged as well.

greetings from the land of peace
rachid
peace & hugs
Mirka View Drop Down

Quote Mirka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2009 at 3:14am
Hi there! I've read that nobody wants to be your guest? I just don't believe it! It's possible that nobody has got enough money for the plane ticket to Morroco...If I had, I would visit you and your Berberian family and friends tomorrow! Maybe one day? Inshallah!Your profile page is really nice - what festival are the photos from? Wonderful!And you surely are an interesting person with your attitude to life and interests. I believe that I'm 150 years older than you, but I just appreciate the way you think about life. If you want to visit Poland(Bolonia) in Europe one day, I would be happy to be your host here. Keep on going like that! Take care! Tahiyati al hara ef Bolonia! Mirka.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>